This is the wiki containing information all around the OpenAstroTech project. This includes the OpenAstroTracker, Add-Ons and general Astrophotography information. Here contained documentations are meant to be improved and extended by the community. The contents are continuously moderated and validated for correctness by original creators and developers of the OpenAstroTech project. Feel free to contribute and help other makers out there to discover the beauty of the night sky objects.
- Please start on the Getting Started and learn about the parts of the project.
- Then checkout the Shopping List to figure out the things to order.
- Use the Printing page to determine what to 3D print.
- The Assembly page guides you through assembling the 3D printed parts and the purchased parts.
- The Electronics page explains how to wire everything up
- The Firmware page explains how to get the OAT firmware up and running.
- The Software page explains how to get the software installed to control the OAT via PC.
- The Calibration page will help you dial in the firmware so that tracking is accurate and GoTo works well.
- The Usage page will get you started taking pictures of the stars outside.
Create your custom configuration with this online wizard
- Watch out for empty pages (often linked by red links) and create their content
- Improve existing pages by correcting or extending their content
- Add completely new pages describing things all around OpenAstroTech
- Improve the code or CAD parts by creating a pull request on GitHub
How To Contribute To The Wiki
Check out our link list and participate in the communities.
Help pay Coffee, Beer and Server Costs!